On July 30, Sheppard Pratt’s Dina Wientge and Dr. Terri Griffith joined Baltimore for a conversation about coping with eating disorders in quarantine. They shared how to recognize an eating disorder, ways to cultivate healthy habits, coping tools, and the best time to seek help for yourself or a loved one. To learn more, please view the following video.
Lastly, if you or a loved one are struggling with an eating disorder, below are resources provided by Sheppard Pratt.
- Skills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsely Method by Janet Treasure
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder by James Lock
- Brave Girl Eating: A Family’s Struggle with Anorexia by Harriet Brown
- Life Without Ed: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too by Jenni Schaefer
- Goodbye Ed, Hello Me: Recover from Your Eating Disorder and Fall in Love with Life by Jenni Schaefer
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) Helpline: 800-931-2237
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 24/7 free & confidential support
- Lifeline number: 1-800-273-8255
Virtual Support Groups
Find a therapist: Psychology Today
Resources During COVID-19
- On the @covid19eatingsupport Instagram page, Health at Every Size (HAES)®-based clinicians offer live meal support every 2 hours beginning at 8:00 a.m. EST daily.
- NEDA Founders and eating disorders experts are participating in Morning Side Chats in the Living Room. This free virtual series for the community provides live support for recovery, healing, and growth on Saturday mornings at 11:00 a.m. EST. Access via the NEDA website.
Other Sheppard Pratt Resources:
- Virtual Crisis Walk-In Clinic: Available for urgent online psychiatric triage, Monday through Friday 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and Saturday 1-4 p.m.
- Crisis Walk-In Clinic: Available for urgent in-person psychiatric triage, Monday through Friday 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and Saturday 1-4 p.m.
- Care Finder: Use Sheppard Pratt’s Care Finder to find the program that meets your needs. Search for a word, use the filters, look alphabetically, or search by zip code.
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resources: Discover blog posts with mental health tips, DIY activities to do with your kids, open mental health services, and more.