Please make sure to specify which intern period(s) you are applying for (Spring, Summer, or Fall). Editorial internship applicants should also include a brief cover letter and at least two writing samples in addition to a resume.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify everyone of their application status. We do, however, examine every application, and if you are being considered, we will contact you.
Send your resume to:
c/o [appropriate contact listed above]
1000 Lancaster St., Suite 400
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
We are looking for motivated, resourceful, highly efficient interns for Fall 2017.
The web intern will be involved with a variety of projects related to the upkeep and growth of
Baltimore magazine's digital properties, including baltimoremagazine.net and baltimorebridemagazine.net.
- Helping to format, upload, and schedule magazine content for the web.
- Migrating archived content, including magazine articles, blog posts, etc., to current Baltimore websites.
- Updating and maintaining online databases on events and dining listings.
- Assisting with meeting online needs of multiple departments at Baltimore magazine, including advertising and marketing.
- Coordinating with the digital editor & designer on exclusive web content.
- Working with the marketing team to increase engagement and broaden the reach of Baltimore magazine's social media presence.
- Collaborating with the digital team on large-scale improvements to Baltimore magazine's digital properties.
- Coursework and/or experience in web publishing and communication tools.
- Demonstrated familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite, with a keen eye for design and a strong attention to detail.
- A passion for new technologies and enhancing the user experience.
- Experience with CMS (such as Craft or WordPress) preferred.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills.
Course credit available. Must be available for 15+ hours a week. To apply: please send your resume and cover letter to digital manager Mike Smith.
We are looking for motivated, resourceful, highly efficient interns for the upcoming semester.
- Fact checking editorial copy
- Update and maintain online and print calendar listings
- Writing event coverage for print and blogs
- Additional clerical duties as assigned
- Coursework and/or experience in communications, journalism, English, and/or writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Availability at least two days a week (10 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- Resourcefulness, creative thinking, and timeliness
Ideally, we’re looking for candidates who are currently pursuing or have recently graduated with a relevant undergraduate degree. Course credit available. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples here.
The Marketing/Events intern is responsible for various professional projects including, but not limited to, assisting in the planning, promotion and execution of all events, as well as assisting in all marketing aspects of Baltimore magazine.
- Help plan, promote and execute events such as Shop Crawl, Aisle Style, Top Singles, Best of Baltimore, etc.
- Create, update and manage event databases including vendor/participant spreadsheets
- Distribute marketing collateral to local businesses
- Obtain items from local business for inclusion in event gift bags, giveaways, etc.
- Organize, update and maintain event binders
- Maintain and manage marketing inventory and supplies
- Accompany event coordinator on walkthroughs
- Complete follow-up calls with businesses/individuals as necessary
- Post events to online calendar websites and track mentions
- Assist with content and editing of newsletters, web giveaways, collateral, etc.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Report to Director of Marketing and/or Marketing and Events Coordinator on the progress of projects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Coursework/experience in marketing and/or events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Superior understanding and application of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax
- Exceptional time management skills
- Take initiative and has a positive attitude
- Must be available for 3-5 days a week
- Must be available for after-office hours on occasion (event coordination and promoting)
- Internship for school credit and/or relevant experience
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to Maggie Church.
- Partner with editor to coordinate and execute monthly pages.
- Attend photo shoots and assist in set design and styling.
- Pull and return merchandise to local stores.
- Stay current on new fashion trends both nationally and locally.
- Manage day-to-day tasks.
- Research and analyze shopping trends in the area as it pertains to the customer.
- Assist in updating weekly blog posts.
- Communicate with local business owners to maintain awareness of new merchandise arriving.
- Coursework and experience in fashion/journalism or related field.
- Interest and knowledge in fashion, home décor, and beauty.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Knowledge of the area and local business market.
- Ability to write copy.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have own transportation.
If interested, send your resume and cover letter to Lauren Bell.