Part-Time Events Assistant
Location: Baltimore, Maryland (Harbor East)
Reports to: Events Manager
Position Description: Baltimore magazine is looking for a part-time Events Assistant interested in event planning and promotions, branding, and audience development. An ideal applicant will be detail-oriented, creative, organized, professional and self-motivated. Must be willing to dedicate office hours (in a dynamic and fast-paced environment) as well as evenings and weekends, when necessary, to assist with event execution.
- Assist with all aspects of planning and coordination of all magazine events;
- Assist with setup/breakdown of events;
- Assist with developing and writing copy for marketing materials, signage, and event microsites;
- Assist with creating event timelines, contact information documents, schedules, etc.;
- Manage ticketing partner(s);
- Maintain RSVP lists;
- Effectively communicate with vendors, sponsors, clients and prospects;
- Provide on-site support and troubleshooting during events;
- Execute post-event surveys and prepare post-event recaps;
- Create and manage event photo galleries on website(s);
- Participate in creative brainstorming on how best to utilize social media relative to overall marketing campaigns and events;
- Assist with procuring event materials as well as brainstorming new and innovative event ideas;
- Assist with other special projects, events, research, and administrative duties as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests;
- Strong writing ability;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to follow direction, work independently, and stay on task;
- Solution oriented;
- Enthusiastic, creative, out-of-the-box thinker;
- A "can-do" winning attitude;
- Knowledge of all social networking platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Prepared to work 20 - 25 hours per week;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle preferred;
- Must possess the strength to lift and carry materials weighing at least 15 lbs. without assistance during event setup;
- Must be able to stand on feet for long hours at a time.
Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and reference to: Amanda Brown, Director of Marketing and Audience Development, [email protected]. Please include “Events Assistant” in the subject field.
Digital Sales Strategist
Consultants gain the trust of their prospects and clients by asking the right questions and delivering solutions based on identified needs. Baltimore magazine is looking to hire a digital sales strategist to complement the efforts of our existing sales and marketing teams.
We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated, sales oriented digital sales strategist to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running and close business.
DIGITAL SALES STRATEGIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with our existing sales team and lead the digital conversation during sales calls
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Maintain and expand existing client relationships
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND SALES ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-5 years sales experience
- Knowledge of digital sales solutions including content sponsorships, native advertising, email, online display ads, social media, microsites and landing pages
- Strong prospecting skills
- Well-networked in the Baltimore marketplace
- Ability to get in front of business owners and C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social settings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Base salary plus commission
- Competitive benefits package
- Outstanding supportive company culture
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to [email protected].
Integrated Advertising Executive
Baltimore magazine is seeking a motivated Integrated Advertising Executive to join the advertising sales team and grow new business across the print, digital and event sponsorship channels within the flagship magazine and Baltimore Bride. Responsibilities for this position include meeting individual sales goals, actively prospecting for and developing new business, and creating multi-platform integrated programs for advertisers. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, organized, self-motivated, and self-directed. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Compensation package includes salary plus commission and company benefits. This position will report directly to the Director of Integrated Advertising and Sponsorships. Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to [email protected].
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and presenting clients with customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital and event sponsorship solutions.
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building strong relationships using a consultative approach.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals.
- Cold calling, prospecting and retaining new advertisers.
- Effectively communicating with and understanding the needs/marketing objectives of clients both large and small.
- Build positive and strong relationships with advertisers as well as decision makers through networking within the community to ensure a consistently strong representation of the brand.
- Proactively responding to requests for advertising and marketing proposals, distributing advertising information and gathering advertising assets.
- Executing and communicating weekly sales reporting.
- Analyzing and understanding the competitive marketplace and digital advertising trends.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Previous sales experience in online and/or print required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Positive attitude, ambition, organizational skills and self-motivation
- Bachelor’s degree
- A passion for print, sponsorship and digital advertising trends
- Cold calling & negotiation skills
- High competency in MS office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Please make sure to specify which intern period(s) you are applying for (Spring, Summer, or Fall). Editorial internship applicants should also include a brief cover letter and at least two writing samples in addition to a resume.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify everyone of their application status. We do, however, examine every application, and if you are being considered, we will contact you.
Send your resume to:
c/o [appropriate contact listed above]
1000 Lancaster St., Suite 400
Baltimore, Maryland 21202