Digital Marketing Consultant
Consultants gain the trust of their prospects and clients by asking the right questions and delivering solutions based on identified needs. Baltimore magazine is looking to hire a digital marketing consultant to complement the efforts of our existing sales and marketing teams.
We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated, sales oriented digital marketing consultant to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running and close business.
DIGITAL MARKETING CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Maintain and expand existing client relationships
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND SALES ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-5 years sales experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing solutions including content sponsorships, native advertising, email, online display ads, social media, microsites and landing pages
- Strong prospecting skills
- Well-networked in the Baltimore marketplace
- Ability to get in front of business owners and C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social settings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Base salary plus commission
- Competitive benefits package
- Outstanding supportive company culture
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to [email protected].
Integrated Advertising Executive
Baltimore magazine is seeking a motivated Integrated Advertising Executive to join the advertising sales team and grow new business across the print, digital and event sponsorship channels within the flagship magazine and Baltimore Bride. Responsibilities for this position include meeting individual sales goals, actively prospecting for and developing new business, and creating multi-platform integrated programs for advertisers. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, organized, self-motivated, and self-directed. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Compensation package includes salary plus commission and company benefits. This position will report directly to the Director of Integrated Advertising and Sponsorships. Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to [email protected].
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and presenting clients with customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital and event sponsorship solutions.
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building strong relationships using a consultative approach.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals.
- Cold calling, prospecting and retaining new advertisers.
- Effectively communicating with and understanding the needs/marketing objectives of clients both large and small.
- Build positive and strong relationships with advertisers as well as decision makers through networking within the community to ensure a consistently strong representation of the brand.
- Proactively responding to requests for advertising and marketing proposals, distributing advertising information and gathering advertising assets.
- Executing and communicating weekly sales reporting.
- Analyzing and understanding the competitive marketplace and digital advertising trends.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Previous sales experience in online and/or print required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Positive attitude, ambition, organizational skills and self-motivation
- Bachelor’s degree
- A passion for print, sponsorship and digital advertising trends
- Cold calling & negotiation skills
- High competency in MS office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Please make sure to specify which intern period(s) you are applying for (Spring, Summer, or Fall). Editorial internship applicants should also include a brief cover letter and at least two writing samples in addition to a resume.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify everyone of their application status. We do, however, examine every application, and if you are being considered, we will contact you.
Send your resume to:
c/o [appropriate contact listed above]
1000 Lancaster St., Suite 400
Baltimore, Maryland 21202