We are seeking a professional Digital Developer to join our team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and operation of various digital projects including our online publications, web applications, digital marketing initiatives, and client advertising campaigns. You should have strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams along with excellent time management skills.
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of our digital properties and web applications
- Oversee and support a Digital Production Designer
- Work with editorial, audience development, marketing, advertising, and production teams to develop and evolve our digital presence
- Work with the sales team on the development and implementation of digital campaigns for advertising clients
- Work with the circulation team on developing subscription promotions and managing digital editions
- Work with the marketing team on developing microsites and email campaigns
- Use Google Analytics and HubSpot to identify audience and revenue growth opportunities
- Collaborate on the company's email marketing programs
- Maintain and enhance our CMS and work with the Digital Production Designer on improvements and new features
- Ensure that systems are developed, maintained, and operated to maximize the benefits to users, readers, and advertisers
- Assist with managing our web hosting relationship, tracking website performance, and troubleshooting server issues
- Identify services and software that can increase efficiency throughout the organization
- Research important trends in web publishing and work to implement best practices
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 years of digital and multi-platform experience
- Experience with project management software (Basecamp preferred)
- Strong understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, and Webmaster Tools
- Extensive experience with content management systems (Craft or WordPress preferred)
- Experience with email marketing and automation systems (HubSpot preferred)
- Digital advertising tracking experience using Google DFP and AdSense
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm with teams, including our editorial, design, marketing, and advertising departments
- Solid web development background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Debbie Darmafol, Vice President of Business Operations, [email protected]. Please include “Digital Developer” in the subject field.
Integrated Advertising Executive
Baltimore magazine is seeking a motivated Integrated Advertising Executive to join the advertising sales team and grow new business across the print, digital and event sponsorship channels within the flagship magazine and Baltimore Bride. Responsibilities for this position include meeting individual sales goals, actively prospecting for and developing new business, and creating multi-platform integrated programs for advertisers. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, organized, self-motivated, and self-directed. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Compensation package includes salary plus commission and company benefits. This position will report directly to the Director of Integrated Advertising and Sponsorships. Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to [email protected].
- Creating and presenting clients with customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital and event sponsorship solutions.
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building strong relationships using a consultative approach.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals.
- Cold calling, prospecting and retaining new advertisers.
- Effectively communicating with and understanding the needs/marketing objectives of clients both large and small.
- Build positive and strong relationships with advertisers as well as decision makers through networking within the community to ensure a consistently strong representation of the brand.
- Proactively responding to requests for advertising and marketing proposals, distributing advertising information and gathering advertising assets.
- Executing and communicating weekly sales reporting.
- Analyzing and understanding the competitive marketplace and digital advertising trends.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous sales experience in online and/or print required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Positive attitude, ambition, organizational skills and self-motivation
- Bachelor’s degree
- A passion for print, sponsorship and digital advertising trends
- Cold calling & negotiation skills
- High competency in MS office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Please make sure to specify which intern period(s) you are applying for (spring, summer, or fall). Editorial internship applicants should also include a brief cover letter and at least two writing samples in addition to a resume. Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify everyone of their application status. We do, however, examine every application, and if you are being considered, we will contact you.
Send your resume to:
c/o [appropriate contact listed above]
1000 Lancaster St., Suite 400
Baltimore, Maryland 21202