Part-Time Business Development Specialist
The Part-Time Business Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the growth of advertising and sponsorship sales by connecting with prospects mainly through cold calling and secondly through email and LinkedIn. The primary objective is to generate leads for the sales department that result in new or reactivated business relationships.
- Research prospects through company’s social media/websites, blogs, and competitive publications
- Update and manage CRM databases
- Contacting businesses to determine key decision maker and contact information through cold calling
- Complete follow-up calls as necessary
- Distribute advertising materials to local businesses via email and mail
- Track competitive landscape
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Interact with sales executives as needed to communicate about prospects, leads, etc.
- Report to Director of Integrated Advertising on the progress of projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in communications, marketing and/or integrated advertising
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Superior understanding and application of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to take initiative with a positive attitude
- Must be available for 20 hours per week
- Available for after-office hours on occasion (Baltimore magazine events) a plus
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Part-Time Business Development Specialist” in the subject field.
Sponsorship Sales Specialist
We are seeking a dynamic, passionate, self-motivated, highly-connected, energetic individual to capitalize on our outstanding brand awareness by selling integrated sponsorship opportunities tied to our signature events. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a can-do attitude towards selling, account service and relationship management. Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work independently as well as in a team. An understanding of experiential advertising as well as social media are a must. This position requires networking and the ability to attend morning and evening events both within the community and Baltimore magazine events.
- Create, package, and sell dynamic solution-based sponsorships tied to all Baltimore magazine events
- Create presentations that creatively and distinctly differentiate and communicate unique opportunities to targeted prospects
- Educate and position Baltimore magazine’s capabilities and offerings appropriately to prospects by clearly demonstrating the value of the brand, events and media platforms
- Develop long-term client relationships based on strategic planning
- Lead contract negotiations with new and existing sponsors
- Devise and implement new business initiatives to upsell existing clients and sponsors
- Meet or exceed sponsorship revenue and key account goals
- Identify, build, and maintain an active database of decision makers, agencies and clients across various industries including technology, healthcare, entertainment, consumer goods, retail, wines, and spirits
- Research and share the latest information in event marketing sponsorships to develop new and innovative opportunities for the company
- Manage overall client relationships through the sales process, from contracting and invoicing to the complete execution of the event and recap reports
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams on communication, timelines, and deliverables
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of sales and sponsorship experience
- Highly motivated and service-oriented with the ability to inspire people, coupled with strong networking skills
- Proven track record of successfully working with brands to create, sell, and execute best-in-class innovative sponsorship programs
- Sufficient understanding of the budgeting process and ability to communicate the value of sponsorship vs. pure media as a marketing solution
- Excellent relationships with agencies, c-suite executives and decision makers at relevant companies
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities, strategic thinker with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple endeavors and clients simultaneously under demanding and tight time constraints
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Skilled at developing pitch presentations and sponsorship decks
- General awareness of local events and happenings with a desire to attend
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
To Apply: Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to Amanda Brown, the director of marketing and audience development at [email protected].
Part-Time Digital Developer
We are seeking a part-time Digital Developer to join our team. You will be responsible for the back-end of our various digital projects, including CMS updates, communication with our web host, and SEO recommendations. You should have strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams along with excellent time management skills.
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of our digital properties and web applications
- Work with editorial, audience development, marketing, advertising, and production teams to develop and evolve our digital presence
- Use Google Analytics and HubSpot to identify audience and revenue growth opportunities
- Maintain and enhance our CMS and work with the Digital Production Designer on improvements and new features
- Ensure that systems are developed, maintained, and operated to maximize the benefits to users, readers, and advertisers
- Assist with managing our web hosting relationship, tracking website performance, and troubleshooting server issues
- Identify services and software that can increase efficiency throughout the organization
- Research important trends in web publishing and work to implement best practices
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 years of digital and multi-platform experience
- Experience with project management software (Basecamp preferred)
- Strong understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, and Webmaster Tools
- Extensive experience with content management systems (Craft or WordPress preferred)
- Experience with email marketing and automation systems (HubSpot preferred)
- Digital advertising tracking experience using Google DFP and AdSense
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm with teams, including our editorial, design, marketing, and advertising departments
- Solid web development background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues
- Excellent organization and time management skills
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Debbie Darmafol, Vice President of Business Operations, [email protected]. Please include “Digital Developer” in the subject field.
Integrated Advertising Executive
Baltimore magazine is seeking a motivated Integrated Advertising Executive to join the advertising sales team and grow new business across the print, digital and event sponsorship channels within the flagship magazine and Baltimore Bride. Responsibilities for this position include meeting individual sales goals, actively prospecting for and developing new business, and creating multi-platform integrated programs for advertisers. We are looking for someone who is ambitious, organized, self-motivated, and self-directed. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Compensation package includes salary plus commission and company benefits. This position will report directly to the Director of Integrated Advertising and Sponsorships.
- Creating and presenting clients with customized, multi-platform marketing plans including print, digital and event sponsorship solutions.
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building strong relationships using a consultative approach.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals.
- Cold calling, prospecting and retaining new advertisers.
- Effectively communicating with and understanding the needs/marketing objectives of clients both large and small.
- Build positive and strong relationships with advertisers as well as decision makers through networking within the community to ensure a consistently strong representation of the brand.
- Proactively responding to requests for advertising and marketing proposals, distributing advertising information and gathering advertising assets.
- Executing and communicating weekly sales reporting.
- Analyzing and understanding the competitive marketplace and digital advertising trends.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous sales experience in online and/or print required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Results driven with a desire to work in a fast paced and team-oriented environment
- Positive attitude, ambition, organizational skills and self-motivation
- Bachelor’s degree
- A passion for print, sponsorship and digital advertising trends
- Cold calling & negotiation skills
- High competency in MS office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
To Apply: Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to [email protected].
Please make sure to specify which intern period(s) you are applying for (spring, summer, or fall). Editorial internship applicants should also include a brief cover letter and at least two writing samples in addition to a resume. Please note: Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify everyone of their application status. We do, however, examine every application, and if you are being considered, we will contact you.
Send your resume to:
c/o [appropriate contact listed above]
1000 Lancaster St., Suite 400
Baltimore, Maryland 21202