The Baltimore Chocolate Dipped Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcake
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. Canola Oil
- 8 oz. Water
- 8 oz. Heavy Cream (substitute milk if desired)
- 1 oz. Vanilla
- 1 pound Granulated Sugar
- 12 oz. All Purpose Flour
- 4 oz. Cocoa Powder (recommend a dark blend)
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until completely smooth, no lumps.
- Fill cupcake wrappers in cupcake pans 2/3rd full with batter
- Bake in oven for about 14-16 minutes until the tops spring back when tapped or until when a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
Quick and Easy Salted Caramel Buttercream
- 1 pound butter
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 oz. pre made caramel (store bough or homemade)
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Whip all ingredients with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy!
- Frost cupcakes as desired!
**TIP** For a lighter, fluffier frosting, you can add a few splashes of heavy cream. You can also do this if the frosting is a little too thick to frost.
Chocolate Dipped Old Bay Potato Chips
- Old Bay Potato Chips
- Melting Chocolate
- Melt down the chocolate slowly, being careful not to burn.
- Dip half of the potato chip in the chocolate and allow to cool on parchment paper.
- Once hardened, top each cupcake with the potato chip